Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Just Want to Sleep

J and I have been thinking about putting D into a toddler bed. This comes at an appropriate time seeing as the crib he is in just had a voluntary recall. Nice. This past weekend D has been with my M.I.L. in a camper and sleeping in a twin bed with a bumper. Apparently he slept well the first night, and last night I came up to join them. I tried to get him in to bed, but around 10pm he was still unwilling to be left alone and would climb off of the bed and run around. At that point I decided to just sleep with him since I was exhausted as it was. He did not sleep so well...and neither did I. Tossing and turning, feet in the face, and no ventilation made for a sleepless night for me. Now my back is totally a mess and I can't even go to bed early or relax too much since I have to crank out another paper for school and do research for my next project. Back to the point, I see the transition to a big boy bed might be more challenging than I originally thought. Maybe if we find the right one it won't be so bad. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment